Friday 1 December 2017

INDONESIAN: The 100 Most Frequently Used English Words Translated

The list is taken from this site and Google translate has been used:

The - The man is happy --> Pria itu bahagia

Of - The colour of his car --> Warna mobilnya (possession implied by position)

And - The man and the woman sang a song --> Pria dan wanita itu menyanyikan sebuah lagu

A - A man and a woman sat down --> Seorang pria dan seorang wanita duduk

To - He will go to the store --> Dia akan pergi ke toko

In - The dog is in the house --> Anjing itu ada di dalam rumah

Is - She is happy --> Dia (adalah) bahagia (Google translate omits adalah)

You - You are here --> Kamu di sini

That - That is a car --> Itu mobil

It - It is a car --> Ini adalah mobil (ini translates as this)

He - He is a boy --> Dia anak laki-laki (of course the translation for she is boy is the same)

Was - He was here --> Dia ada disini (better is dia di sini tadi where tadi means just now)

For - Go for it! --> Pergi untuk itu!

On - The ball is on the floor --> Bola ada di lantai

Are - We are in the house --> Kami ada di rumah

As - You are not as big as I am --> Anda tidak sebesar saya

With - He will be with her --> Dia akan bersamanya

His - That is his coat --> Itu mantelnya

They - They are here --> Mereka disini

I - I am very happy --> Saya sangat senang

At - She is at the movies --> Dia ada di bioskop

Be - I will be with her --> Aku akan bersamanya (the be is implied in the translation)

This - This is their favourite movie --> Ini adalah film favorit mereka

Have - We have a car --> Kami punya mobil

From - She is from Russia --> Dia berasal dari Rusia

Or - Go here or there --> Pergilah kesini atau di sana

One - She is number one --> Dia nomor satu

Had - They had a dog --> Mereka pernah memiliki anjing (they once owned a dog)

By - The book is by the shelf --> Buku itu berada di dekat rak

Word - That is a nice word --> Itu kata yang bagus

But - She is here, but she is sleeping --> Dia ada di sini, tapi dia tidur

Not - That is not her coat --> Itu bukan mantelnya

What - What are you doing? --> Apa yang sedang kamu lakukan?

All - All of them are here --> Semuanya ada di sini

Were - They were here --> Mereka ada di sini lebih awal (they were here earlier)

We - We love sports --> Kami cinta olahraga (kami is the non-inclusive we)

When - When are you coming? --> Kapan kamu datang?

Your - Your car is outside --> Mobilmu ada di luar

Can - I can play basketball --> Saya bisa bermain basket

Said - She said to come home --> Dia bilang pulang ke rumah

There - There are four people outside --> Ada empat orang di luar

Use - I will use the car --> Saya akan menggunakan mobil

An - That is an elephant --> Itu adalah (seekor) gajah (seekor not really needed here)

Each - Each player is on the field --> Setiap pemain ada di lapangan

Which - Which movie do you want to see? --> Film apa yang ingin kamu lihat

She - She is at school --> Dia di sekolah (of course he is at school translates the same)

Do - I will do my homework --> Saya akan mengerjakan PR saya (PR = Perkerjaan Rumah)

How - How are you? --> Apa kabar? (literally, what news?)

Their - That is their car --> Itu mobil mereka

If - If you play outside, then you should take a coat -->
Jika Anda bermain di luar, maka Anda harus mengambil mantel

Will - I will watch television --> Saya akan menonton televisi

Up - Go up the stairs --> Naik tangga (here go up = ascend)

Other - That is on the other side --> Itu ada di sisi lain

About - The book is about a boy --> Buku ini tentang seorang anak laki-laki

Out - Go out of the house! --> Pergi keluar rumah!

Many - Many people are at the party --> Banyak orang di pesta itu

Then - If you come, then have some fun --> Jika Anda datang, maka bersenang-senanglah

Them - I will talk with them --> Saya akan berbicara dengan mereka

These - These are my friends --> Ini adalah teman saya

So -  So what? --> Apa pentingnya? (literally, what's the significance?)

Some - Some people will come to my house --> Beberapa orang akan datang ke rumah saya

Her - That is her shirt --> Itulah bajunya

Would - I would like a hamburger --> Saya ingin hamburger (would implied by context)

Make - I will make a cake --> Aku akan membuat kue

Like - I like my computer --> Saya suka komputer saya

Him - She likes him --> Dia menyukainya

Into - I will go into the house --> Aku akan masuk ke rumah

Time - What time is it? --> Jam berapa sekarang?

Has - She has a pencil --> Dia memiliki pensil

Look - I will look for my friend --> Aku akan mencari temanku

Two - There are two balls outside --> Ada dua bola di luar

More - There are more people in the house --> Ada lebih banyak orang di rumah

Write - I will write a sentence --> Saya akan menulis sebuah kalimat

Go - She will go to the movies --> Dia akan pergi ke bioskop

See - I can see my friends --> Aku bisa melihat teman-temanku

Number - That is the number two --> Itulah nomor dua

No - There are no balls outside --> Tidak ada bola di luar

Way - That is the way home --> Itulah jalan pulang

Could - Could I see your room? --> Boleh aku melihat kamarmu?

People - There are many people at the party --> Ada banyak orang di pesta itu

My - My car is new --> Mobil saya baru

Than - She is bigger than he is --> Dia lebih besar dari dia

First - She came in first place --> Dia datang di tempat pertama

Water - I drink water every day --> Saya minum air putih setiap hari

Been - I have been to the movies --> Saya pernah ke bioskop

Call - I will call my friend later --> Aku akan menelepon temanku nanti

Who - Who are you? --> Kamu siapa?

Oil - I put oil in my car --> Saya menaruh oli di mobil saya

Its - Its colour is very nice --> Warnanya sangat bagus

Now - We must go now --> Kita harus pergi sekarang

Find - I will find my keys --> Saya akan menemukan kunci saya

Long - The string is long --> String itu panjang

Down - I will go down the stairs --> Aku akan menuruni tangga (go down = descend)

Day - The day is beautiful --> Hari itu indah

Did - I did my homework --> Saya melakukan pekerjaan rumah saya (did is implied)

Get - I will get a pencil -->  Saya akan mendapatkan pensil

Come - She will come home --> Dia akan pulang (come home = pulang)

Made - I made breakfast --> Saya membuat sarapan

May - May I go to the bathroom?  --> Bolehkah saya pergi ke kamar mandi?

Part - You need that part of the sentence --> Anda membutuhkan bagian dari kalimat itu

No comments:

Post a Comment