Wednesday 13 May 2020

LICHESS.ORG

I need to keep practising how to embed chess games into my blog. I've done it before using chessbase but recently I played a game on lichess.org and I'm hopefully going to embed the game below:



At first I was disappointed because the game wouldn't display but then it clicked. It was a problem with the browser. I was using the Brave browser and when I switched to Chrome there was no problem. Even though I like supporting Brave, this is not the first little glitch that I've noticed with this browser.

One can also download the game as a pgn file and open it in another program like ChessX (that I have installed on my computer). Another interesting alternative offered by lichess.org is to turn the game into a gif (see Figure 1):


Figure 1

There is quite a good computer analysis offered of the game. A screenshot is shown in Figure 2:

Figure 2


One can also posts studies that lichess.org provides. Here is an example of one such study involving the fried liver attack that I have discussed in an earlier blog (Chess: The Fried Liver Attack).



These studies are a valuable resource and one that I should take advantage of. 

In the past, I've posted on chess a number of times but I hadn't really realised how much until I decided to collate them. The links to these posts are:
I should play online chess more frequently. I watch one or more of agadmator's Chess Channel videos most days but often go for days without playing a game. I should try to develop a rating on one or more of the available chess sites so that I can set some rating goal for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment