Sunday 12 June 2022

Abandoning BlueHost and WordPress

I've decided to abandon my WordPress blog on BlueHost that I started up earlier in the year. I simply don't enjoy using it and that's reason enough to abandon it. I only made use of the blogging platform and never started building a website by transferring content from my Google Sites. All of my blog posts that I made using WordPress were mirrored on Blogger so my disengagement with the former platform is immediate and complete. There will be no transition period. It's done. However, the experience has been interesting and I no longer have to wonder about something that I never tested out.

I'll return to making blog posts on my respective Blogger accounts and using Google Sites as my personal website. It may not be cool but then again I have no reason to look more professional. I'm blogging for my own amusement and have no audience to pander to. I do what I like and I realised that I don't like BlueHost and WordPress. The dislike was causing me to reduce the frequency of my posts. 

So it's back to Blogger and more frequent posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment