Sunday 7 June 2009

Overview and Blog Reboot

Over a month since my last post to this blog but my excuse is that I was exceedingly busy toward the end of the school year with little time to comment on technological or educational matters. Of course that's all changed now. I have the freedom to explore whatever catches my fancy. Despite being busy, I've remained active microblogging via Twitter and that is interesting in itself. There is something daunting about a full-blown blog post when you're under work-imposed pressure. You tend to procrastinate about it whereas you don't think twice about firing off 140 characters. I guess traditional blog posts, mine at least, tend to be overblown and needlessly wordy. Tweets on the other hand are immediate, spontaneous and necessarily pithy.

I don't intend to stop blogging however, and the key question in this current post is what technological matters should I explore in the abundant free time that I have available to me. Of immediate concern to me are netbooks and e-book readers because I will probably purchase both of these items in the near future. I've learnt from my mistake with the BenQ P50 PDA to avoid impulse buying and any electronic purchases that I now make must to be more considered. I've already carried out research on both topics but haven't reached any firm decisions. That's what I need to do over the next week before I head off to Singapore where I may well end up purchasing one or both of these two products.

No comments:

Post a Comment