Sunday 28 June 2009

Posterous

As I said in my previous post, I wanted to test out posterous and I'm putting it to the test by posting to my Pedogogical Posturing blog from Gmail. I succeeded in posting from Gmail to Twitter earlier. What happens is that the subject line of the email appears in Twitter followed by a link to posterous containing what was in the body of the email. Clearly, it's important to make good use of the subject line when using Gmail to post to Twitter via posterous. These indirect ways of posting to sites as Twitter can be useful if a country suddenly bans Twitter. This site allows simultaneous posting to all linked sites which in my case (so far) are Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, YouTube and my two blogs in Blogger. However, there is the choice to post to none or only some of the linked sites. For this test, I've attached an image so it will interesting to see how posterous handles that in combination with this text. Here goes.

Well it did work out after a couple of tries. It didn't using the following email addresses:
  • http://voodoo-guru.blogspot.com
  • voodoo-guru.blogspot.com
However, it accepted www.voodoo-guru.blogspot.com oddly enough. The font however, is the default one that I don't use and the text is also left justified instead of the full justification that I use. What it means is that there is a little editing to do afterwards but all in all it works quite well.

Posted via email from seanreeves's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment