Friday 15 April 2022

First Impressions

Copied from my blog on voodooguru.net under the same title.

I’ve only just begun to create the site on which this blog is appearing so there’s more to come as I familiarise myself with its inner workings. I made an attempt to insert some mathematical equations. using a KaTeX plugin, documentation for which can be found here. I did get single line equations working for a while but now nothing works.

I’m gradually getting my head around things. I was hoping to set up a number of blogs on this site and that is possible, although not at all straightforward. The site builder default is one blog only. For the time being I think it’s best to simply link to my Blogger blogs and continue creating blog posts on that platform. I can also link to other sites so that this site acts as a coordinating centre for my various Internet activities.

The photo shows a Raspberry Pi 400 with two monitors connected. It’s not my Pi (I only have one monitor connected) but it demonstrates the impressive capabilities of this little keyboard computer which I purchased about a week ago now.

Returning to my LaTeX problems, I’ve tried three different plugins: WP-KaTeX, KaTeX and QuickLaTeX and none of them work. It amazes me that there is such lack of support for LaTeX from the most popular blogging platform on the planet. Blogger may be out of fashion nowadays as a blogging platform but I’ve never had any problem inserting LaTeX into the posts on my mathematical blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment