Friday 22 April 2022

Second Attempt

Copied from my WordPress blog on voodooguru.net under the same title.

I’m going to try to create some mathematical equations using the various LaTeX plugins that are available. This is my second attempt. Here goes:$$ \zeta(2)= \sum_{k=1}^{\infty} \frac{1}{k^2}=\frac{\pi^2}{6} $$As can be seen, I was successful this time after overcoming two problems. The first involved the use of a backward slash \ when a forward slash / was required in the LaTeX delimiters for WP-KaTeX. LaTeX always uses the backward slash and I had gotten very used to it, hence I was led into error. The other problem is that the equation is displayed in black and I have a black background as my theme. The result was that the equation was invisible! Changing the text to white and the background to black fixed the problem. I’m happy to have solved this problem. There is a little too much space above and below the text for my liking but the overall look is quite good, especially in the mobile display.

No comments:

Post a Comment