Sunday 10 April 2022

Sound Problems Solved for Raspberry Pi 4000

After some hours trying a variety of suggested solutions to the Raspberry Pi 400's Bluetooth woes, I finally managed to achieve audio output from the device. Unlike the traditional Raspberry Pi, the 400 does not have an audio jack for reasons known only to the manufacturer of the device. This presented a problem for me because my monitor had no speakers so the HDMI cable had nowhere to send the audio output. 

I had a hub with a variety of ports, including a headphone jack. It could only be connected to a computer or other device via USB C. My 2013 MacBook Pro did not have a USB C port but I recently bought a USB 3 to USB C converter. My Mac had a headphone jack and so I had been using that. However, I tested out the jack on the hub and it worked fine. I then plugged the hub into the 400 via the USB C port but there was no audio out. However, using the USB 3 to USB C converter and plugging to hub into that (as I'd done on my laptop), I finally had audio out.

The Bluetooth problem was never solved and probably never will be but I'm happy to finally have sound on my Raspberry Pi 400, even if it require a converter and hub which I fortunately had at hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment