Friday 22 April 2022

WordPress to Blogger

Copied from my WordPress blog on voodooguru.net under the same title.

I have my various blogs on Blogger, some of which date back to 2006, but I only seriously started blogging when I retired in the middle of 2015. I am in a dilemma whether to keep blogging on that platform or shift to WordPress. Anything I post my voodooguru.net website will only survive as long as I keep paying the annual fee for domain name and web hosting.

There is perhaps a solution in the form of a WordPress plugin called “Export to Blogger” that boasts:

With this WordPress plugin, you can easily export WordPress data to Blogger(Blogspot).No need to use software and convert by yourself anymore! This plugin exports dedicated xml files directly, so what you need is just import it to Blogger. Source.

The instructions are straightforward enough:

  1. Upload directory export-to-blogger to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
  2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
  3. Go to Settings -> Export to Blogger to export xml.

There is a website that can be referred to if I have any problems. I plan to do this and then test it out. If it works, then what I may do is to post to this blog but then export to the relevant blog on Blogger. That way I still have the posts on Blogger should I decide to stop using bluehost in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment